I am a huge goal setter and I love that feeling of going on the journey, experiencing the challenges and that amazing feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT once I’ve achieved the goal. I also emphasize the importance of celebrating the mini triumphs in your journey, because it’s all about embracing the journey and learning about yourself. It’s incredible to see what you’re made of when you achieve something that you see as totally outside of your comfort zone and/or a goal that you weren’t sure you were going to be able to achieve.
It really helps build that confidence muscle.
So I personally sat down and journalled about the following reflection questions, and I encourage you to do the same to help you celebrate your own successes of 2016, what you’d like to let go of, and where you’d like focus on for 2017. (Source: Michael E. Angier)
- What did I learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness, etc.)
- What did I accomplish? A list of my wins and achievements.
- What would I have done differently? Why?
- What did I complete or release? What still feels incomplete to me?
- What were the most significant events of the year past? List the top three.
- What did I do right? What do I feel especially good about? What was my greatest contribution?
- What were the fun things I did? What were the not-so-fun?
- What were my biggest challenges/roadblocks/difficulties?
- How am I different this year than last?
- For what am I particularly grateful for?
- List all the things in your life of which you’d like to let go—anything that no longer serves you. Give thanks for what they’ve brought you in terms of learning and usefulness and then burn the list. It’s a symbolic gesture to help you release the old and be open to the new.
- List what you do want—experiences, knowledge, material things, relationships, healings, etc.
My word for 2016 was ABUNDANCE. I wanted to manifest Abundance in all forms: love, friendships, connections, speaking, writing gigs, events, clients, contributing to society by giving back, and opportunities to help me grow personally and professionally.
I just wanted to share and celebrate with you my top personal and professional accomplishments for 2016, as it’s been the best year of my life so far!!! 🙂
Creating multiple online Body Love programs:
- Holistic Body Love Food, Body Image and Self Love Transformation Online Program
- Mapping Your Strong Self Program
- Holistic Body Love Detox & Mindset Program
Two magazine covers and written articles on Self-Love and Goal Setting
- December issue of International Women’s Fitness Magazine Gorgo
- Local magazine featuring my boys and I 🙂
- First international Talk at Gorgo Fitness Bootcamp in KY
- Increased professional wellness speaking events
- Completed my 11th facilitation of “Transform & Deepen Your Relationship with Food & Body” Women’s Group
- Started Holistic Body Love Philanthropy Program to give back to help young girls and boys develop self-esteem, confidence & self-love!
- Completed 3 levels of Personal Development- learned how to increase my vibration and spiritual connection to my Highest Self (continuing this for 2017!)
- Learned how to manifest my dreams (and continuing to do so for 2017).
- Become more present in my life, especially as a parent (toughest job ever!)
- Started a new company, Holistic Body Love Coaching Inc. on top of maintaining my successful psychological private practice!
Here’s the thing: all this was only possible because I took the courage to work through some major mindset roadblocks, my own fears and allow myself to make mistakes. This required me to hire coaches, become vulnerable, look deep within myself and ask for and receive support. I truly discovered what I am made of (I have done some things that I never imagined doing!), and I tremendously grateful for all the support I have in my life to help me achieve what I have achieved in 2016.
I encourage you to go through these reflection questions. Having a coach and support is important and crucial part of growth process.
I’m here to support you when you’re ready. Book in your complimentary coaching strategy session to see how I can best support you here
Wishing you all the best for 2017.
Rosalyn Fung, M.Sc.
Body Love Coach & Registered Psychologist